Friday, December 6, 2013

Reflection Journal/Notebook

My notebook is organized into a 2 inch three ring binder that has separate tabs for each of the subject areas (reading, math, writing, spelling, behavior management, science and social studies). I have also included research articles on various topics, information on top apps for the iPad, websites as well as graphic organizers. Each strategy that is in the binder has a cover sheet that explains what the strategy is, the strengths and weaknesses of the strategy as well as whether or not I have implemented the strategy at this point. All of this information will be very useful during student teaching and beyond. I am not 100% sure where my placement is at this time, but I am positive this binder and the strategies that are in it will be a wonderful tool and lifesaver during student teaching.

4 comments:

  1. Research articles on various topics in your notebook may be a good idea because you can refer to the articles and see what research is about and you can see how the research articles could apply into your classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! I think our organization and hard work now will definitely help us next semester. I too think I placed the Golden Nuggets article and Easterbrooks and Stephenson (2006) article about top strategies for students who are deaf/hard of hearing. Let our next adventure begin!!

    ReplyDelete